For Your Information & Entertainment News Updates

Murder: Lagos Command Nabs Notorious Cult Leader

by Webtek , at 12:08 , has 0 comments



The Lagos State Police command has arrested a leader of a cult group who allegedly burnt a woman to death and murdered two others, in the metropolis.

The kingpin and seven others were paraded yesterday at the command headquarters in Ikeja.
The police said the kingpin identified as Tanimola Ogbere and his gang  allegedly burnt a woman alive at the Bariga area of the metropolis.

Police also said the gang also murdered two other persons.
The alleged kingpin, Ogbere claimed to be an ex-convict who was simply a victim of circumstance.

He told LEADERSHIP that in the prison veteran inmates initiate others into armed robbery and cultism. He quickly debunked the story that he is member of a cult group.

His words: “I just returned from town in Ondo State. I am not a cultist . I am a victim of circumstances. I am a sand seller. I am based in Ilaje.You people can verify. I travelled since August for my grand mother’s burial ceremony. I used the opportunity to fortify myself against spiritual and physical attacks. I know that Bariga is a strong place for strong people,so I have to be strong too.

I have spent twelve years in the Kirikiri Maximum Prisons for my own carelessness. I fought with someone and I was sent to jail and since then, I became conscious of myself .I stopped making trouble and went back to my family business,sand dredging. I have a canoe that I use in carrying sand.’’

The state commissioner of police, Mr. Fatai Owoseni who paraded the suspects said the eight persons including the leader of the cult group, Tanimola Ogbere were arrested in connection with the murder of  three persons including a 65-year-old woman.

“We acted based on intelligence report that two rival groups were fighting. The groups set ablaze a building and a woman was killed in the process. The police picked seven of them and later arrested one of their leaders and his second in command. The suspects will soon be charged to court,” he said.
Thanks For Visiting Naijaballers.com Please Don't Forget To Add Your Comment To Our Posts...

To Add A Comment ? Please Check The Comment Box Below...
Thank You For Visiting


CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates

Murder: Lagos Command Nabs Notorious Cult Leader
About
Murder: Lagos Command Nabs Notorious Cult Leader - written by Webtek , published at 12:08, categorized as News . And has 0 comments
0 comments Add a comment
Bck
Cancel Reply
Copyright ©2015 NaijaBallers Blog
Template Redesigned By Webtech - Published by NaijaBallers
Powered by Blogger
-->