For Your Information & Entertainment News Updates

Soldier Arrests Robbery Suspects Operating In Military Uniform In Lagos

by Webtek , at 15:53 , has 0 comments




A soldier, who also doubles as a commercial bus driver has foiled an attempt by a three-man robbery gang on its way for an operation in Ajah area of Lagos.

The suspects, who are currently cooling their heels at the Special Anti Robbery Squad reportedly boarded the bus at NEPA bus-stop and were heading to the designated area of operation when the driver of the bus later discovered to be a soldier, suspected their move and divertedthe vehicle to Ajah police station.

However, before arriving the station, one ofthe suspects reportedly fled while the rest identified as Solomon and Saleh were heldby policemen.

On searching them, a bag containing three guns and ammunition was found on them.

Also recovered from the suspects were military uniform which they allegedly usually wore during operations.Twenty-one years old Solomon, who hails from Edo State, said in his confessional statement that he belonged to a cult group.

According to him: “Saleh introduced me to the gang, while Sunday, who escaped, lured me into cultism.

At first I declined to join but he threatened to kill me. Members of our confraternity are robbers of different gangs.

On the day we were arrested, Saleh informed me that we were going for an operation that night and that a third person will bring guns for us to use.

Sunday later came with a bag containing the guns and ammunition.

“As we stepped out, we boarded a vehicle and unknown to us, the driver is a soldier.
I believe he must have seen the guns we were carrying. Before we knew it, he drove straight to Ajah police station shouting on top of his voice that we were robbers. Sunday managed to escape through the window but I could not because I was afraid I could be shot.

”His alleged partner in crime, Saleh said he joined the robbery gang to earn a living. The secondary school drop out, said he left Army Secondary School, Zaria years back in search of greener pasture in Lagos.

“Unfortunately, when I got to Lagos, it was a different ball game . I was forced into robbery by Osas. I actually joined because I was dying of hunger and had no hope of living. I thought of quitting when I make the required amount. We usually wear military uniform when operating.”
Thanks For Visiting Naijaballers.com Please Don't Forget To Add Your Comment To Our Posts...

To Add A Comment ? Please Check The Comment Box Below...
Thank You For Visiting


CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates

Soldier Arrests Robbery Suspects Operating In Military Uniform In Lagos
About
Soldier Arrests Robbery Suspects Operating In Military Uniform In Lagos - written by Webtek , published at 15:53, categorized as News . And has 0 comments
0 comments Add a comment
Bck
Cancel Reply
Copyright ©2015 NaijaBallers Blog
Template Redesigned By Webtech - Published by NaijaBallers
Powered by Blogger
-->